Distribution is one of the most overlooked aspects of a company store, yet certainly one of the most critical. After all, if you’ve poured countless hours and thousands of dollars into your branded products, what good is a company store if distribution is not accurate and expedient?
Below is a checklist of options for shipment through a ROBYN Company Store program. Think through whether or not you want to offer next-day and same-day shipments. Be sure to also review the list of questions you should ask yourself and your vendor to ensure an efficient process for distribution.
- UPS Ground
- UPS 3-Day Select
- UPS 2nd Day Air
- UPS Next Day Air (by 8:00 AM delivery)
- UPS Next Day Air
- Fed-Ex Saver
Questions to ask yourself:
- Do we allow all employees the option to ship materials via air?
- Will we need International service?
- Do we have a preferred shipper?
Questions to ask your vendor:
- Does your vendor commit to a 24-hour turn-around on all inventoried items?
- Will they send tracking numbers with each order?
- Do they have experience nationally as well as internationally?
- How do they monitor errors made on shipments?
- How do they manage returns?
- From what part of the country are they shipping your products?
ROBYN Promotions is based in Oklahoma City, OK... Smack dab in the middle of the United States. With three major interstate highways crossing through the city, we are situated in an ideal location to garner quick shipping times and some of the best rates to any location in the country.
Check out our 30 Second Snapshot about Company Stores:
January 31, 2012
by Brian Blake filed under